Saturday, October 1, 2011

Seattle T-Shirt Arrived!

Hi there! Last time I was telling you guys that I was doing an AGP t-shirt swap with Karen Owen of Karen Mom of Three blog fame. I was out of town last week so I was unable to devote time to a new post but this week I made sure I got a picture of my doll Britt wearing the Seattle t-shirt:

It was fun doing this swap with Karen, thanks Karen! A very good doll friend of mine, Alisha, had sent me one of the DC store t-shirts from when she was there this summer. So I got a Chicago t-shirt for her dolls and sent it to her. Here is my doll Sheila modeling the DC shirt from Alisha:



If you live where it is starting to get colder, you can definitely tell that fall is here. I am a summer person but my dolls like all the seasons. Of course as soon as it gets chilly outside, I am anxious to pull out the warmer outfits because it literally makes me feel cold to see dolls with bare legs or bare arms in this weather. My AG girls love fuzzy slippers, socks, PJs, robes and flannel nightgowns as well as sweaters, long sleeve tees, jackets and everyone's favorite, jeans!

This kind of weather also makes me feel like sewing with flannel. I have tons and tons of flannel fabric in my fabric storage so there are lots of possibilities for PJ pants and shirts (using a design from the flannel as an applique on the shirt) or just flannel PJs for your American Girl doll like these from my Kitt's Kloset Doll Clothes site:

An awesome new customer just ordered these PJs in the choice of ballet shoe print. She turned out to be a fellow AG doll collector so we really had a good time chatting about our dolls. As it turns out, she also likes fabric and buys for her dolls regularly. So instead of one of my choices for the second pair of PJs, she is sending me a fun popcorn print to make them for her. With her permission, I might post the finished picture in a future blog.

Just another idea--I not only can use fabric from my stash but I could also use your fabric, either what you have bought or maybe actually using a favorite pair of your child's outgrown PJs. I made a pair of PJs for a friend's granddaughter's doll from the little girl's PJs that she had outgrown. It was a fun green satin print with frogs on it. I will look for those pictures and share them in a future blog.

Until next time (hoping a week from now unless real life attacks!) stay warm and keep your dollies warm too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated to make sure that this blog stays doll related.