Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm Doing an American Girl T-Shirt Swap with Karen Owen

Hello again! I can't believe the week has flown by so fast since I made my last post. Just as I was wondering what I could write about this week, it came to me that as a result of reading a fellow doll crafter/enthusiast's blog post, I was doing a shirt swap with her. So I hoped that it might interest my readers.

You most likely know Karen Owen as "Karen mom of three's blog"--here's the link to the blog post she made telling how she is having fun collecting the t-shirts from the different American Girl Places and Boutique & Bistros. When I first read this I'm sure it may have first been in Doll Diaries because I knew when I read it that we were planning a trip to the Chicago doll store (which you can read about in my last week's post) and that I thought this would be something fun to do. After all, I am not sure I'll ever get out to the Seattle store which is the one nearest Karen who lives in Vancouver, Canada.

Anyway, I contacted Karen soon after reading her post and told her I would be in Chicago and I would like to do a shirt swap with her. When I was there, I picked up an extra shirt for her. We are in regular contact via Facebook so yesterday she told me she had mailed mine. Her shirt will go out Monday since I ahem, forgot to take it with me to town this morning. Then, in a couple of weeks (less if the mail is quicker) she will add a new Chicago shirt to her collection and I will be adding the Seattle one that her husband was sweet enough to pick up for her while he was visiting Seattle for a Mariners' game. I will, of course, post a picture of one of my dolls wearing the new Seattle shirt. I bet Karen may do the same with her new Chicago shirt!

So far, I have the Chicago, New York, Los Angeles (it came on a doll I bought from eBay) and Atlanta. My Atlanta was one of the first they came out with. It's lavender as you can see here (I borrowed this pic from eBay as I was not able to find mine quickly). Here's even a link to the lady's listing, the least I can do since I'm borrowing her picture: Atlanta American Girl Tee


I'm not sure if the Atlanta store shirt is still lavender since all the shirts in Karen's blog picture are red. I went to the Atlanta store the first year that it opened and I know the other stores change their designs regularly.

Which AGPlace have you been to and what is your favorite thing to do there? It seems like more and more of the smaller stores are springing up. Do you think that's a good thing or not so good? You can leave comments here if you like. I moderate all comments so please be patient if yours doesn't show up right away, it could be that I'm not online or just away from the computer all together.

With fall weather setting in, you will want to be sure your doll is cozy and warm for those winter nights ahead so I'll leave you with a link for American Girl size sleepwear from my site. Have a great weekend! If you live where it's getting chilly, keep those dollies warm!  

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for this trade and I am so excited to see your doll in the shirt I sent!
    Thank you again,
    Karen aka Karenmomofthree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tari, I have been to the Chicago, LA, and New York AGPs, and to the Atlanta B&B. My favorite thing to do at these stores is just wander through the displays and soak up all the magic. Of course, taking a granddaughter with me makes it extra wonderful! And meeting doll board friends there is fantastic! Of all the stores I have visited, I have to say that LA is my favorite. In all fairness I have not yet been to the new Chicago store, which I understand is just as big now as the LA one. I will be visiting the new store in Chicago on the 4th or 5th of October, though, and will see if it changes my mind.... ~ Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, your shirt is going out today--I can't wait to get the pics of our dolls into a blog post. Jeanette, I would absolutely love to see the LA store! I'm not sure how the Chicago store stacks up against it because I did hear that LA is larger (plus there are palm trees in CA lol) I think you'll like it pretty well though. If you need a good PS there, ask for Ingrid or Denise. I've met both and they are super. Ingrid is who Kari always asks for and Denise is who Ingrid set us up with 2 years ago when she was going to be off. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be moderated to make sure that this blog stays doll related.